Sunday, June 29, 2008

Goals - the short list

Two unrelated people recently suggested I make my goals a shorter more attainable list.

I've been told this many times actually. I never do it.

I can't find enough of my goals that I'm willing to give up. Which of the things on my list don't I really really want to do, or feel I have to do? Not enough to get the list down to an achievable level.

So I continue on in frustration, with my to do list hanging over my head, keeping me feeling too busy, always behind, never satisfied.

But why? If things aren't going to get done anyway, why maintain an unrealistic expectation? Why hold illusions?

I understand a little bit about why I do it. But that's another topic.

Somehow, this time, I'm hoping, maybe I've heard the message a little louder than usual. It's starting to make a little more sense.

Yet as I think about tomorrow, I strongly sense the likelihood of having a longer list than I can achieve...and I'm not sure how to get out of it. I'll try.

No comments: