Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Idea

A friend recently mentioned the importance of making a verbal point in 30 seconds or less, so as not to loose the attention of your listener.

I want to apply a similar standard to my writing.

My goals are to
  • improve my writing
  • improve my time management
  • increase communication between myself and others
  • give myself an expressive outlet without getting sucked into a lengthy endeavor
The plan (at this point) is that I will give myself a strict 5 min to write,
then save the writing as a draft.
On the next occasion, I'll give myself a strict 5 min to edit/finish,
then post. What you see is what you get.
I hope to post frequently, several times a week.

I will be able to meet some of my goals on my own.
But it will be a lot more fun & a lot more effective if people join me.

Comments on my writing and comments on my content are both welcome.
You're also welcome to join the project, in any number of ways...
Make a 5 min. response. ..
Or adopt the idea and write your own topic using this format...
Or make whatever proposal you come up with.

This is a personal project...but I'd much prefer it be a communal one.

Post time....!

No comments: